Saturday, June 27, 2009

Is your Passion bigger then your Problem?



Authors note...

These devotionals are meant to be raw and honest.
My hope is that I might say and acknowledge things that most of us might keep quiet about out of fear of what someone might think if they knew what were struggling with.
God has not called me to worry about what others think (although I do at times)
What I have been asked by God is to be transparent with you the reader. So while others might want to hide all their fears and challenges, I think it is important that I write real life, real emotions and real solutions in my own life. You may not agree with it all, or have the same experience, and that is fine. My story after all is my own, but like I mentioned earlier; I am not all that unique, just transparent, and that leads me to believe that you will be able to relate to all or part of what I am about to share.
All that to say this…


It has been a difficult week.

Ever noticed that when your navigating through a difficult season in your life, how much harder it can be to keep your heavenly perspective? How much harder it is to be positive and along with that, how incredibly easy it is to become negative or find reasons to fault or have doubt about other things that present themselves during your day or week?
Ever noticed that when you’re going through one of those seasons how easy it is for resentments to come roaring back into your thinking and start to dominate your day?
You can find yourself falling into old ways of relating quicker then you imagined possible. This has been my experience the last several weeks. One negative thing after another has presented itself and snowballed into an avalance of disappointment within my soul. Disappointed with myself, with other people, with situations in my life, you name it I could probably tell you that the last couple weeks, I have hit on most categories.

So what do you do when that happens? How hard is it to praise when your down?
For me the answer is simple and complex. I must praise. I must worship. I must take every thought captive and be very purposeful in my praise. As I did that this week, I realized how much of my passion for Jesus had been sapped by the weight and worries of the world. I went to war this week and I feel battered and bruised yet I know I am not alone, I know that the Lord is with me and pleased with my determination to worship him regardless of the storms around me and within my own soul. And God; merciful and rich in grace, always meets me, comforts me, corrects me and strengthens me. I would love to tell you that all the battles go away and everything is perfect now. That simply is not true, maybe that happens in the old time movies, all the happy endings. What I do know is this.
My Passion must be bigger then my Problem.. I must not allow myself to become luke-warm when things go wrong. So today I set my face like flint that I will praise the Lord,
I will give him my worship, I will give him my burdens and I will give my passion to him who is worthy.

Renew your first love today. It might not be easy, but it will heal you.

Pastor Debbie
Living a Life of Worship from the Inside Out

No comments:

Post a Comment